Slider

EASY Halloween Activities to do with Your Kids

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Hey friends!
Am I the only one who thinks these holidays come faster and faster each year? Something about having kids makes everything just fly by, I swear. Well, it is almost Halloween! I usually try to do fun things with the kiddos around each holiday. Creating things together is something they always seem to remember the most. I know there are a bazillion ideas on Pinterest, but life is busy! Many of the projects look super cool but also look super time consuming. Here is a list of my favorite EASY Halloween activities you can do with your kids at home!

#1: Hand Bats


These are super duper easy and fun for the kids. All you need is some black paper, a pencil and some scissors. You can add googly eyes if you want to, we had some leftover from a different project so we used them. Leighton is actually the one who gave me this idea, she may have done it at school. All you do is fold the paper in half , then trace your kiddos hand, then cut and glue some eyes on. They could also color eyes or a face on the bats using a white crayon! These are fun decorations to hang on your fridge or place on a shelf. We decided to make a garland out of ours and it turned out really cute! I'll post pictures of the garland on my Facebook and Instagram pages, check it out!

#2: Painting Pumpkins


Painting pumpkins is something that can be fun for all ages, weather you are a 2 year old or an 80 year old! Sometimes carving pumpkins with little ones is fun, other times you just want to avoid the sharp objects, and let's face it, who is going to be doing most of the work? YOU, not them. This way they really feel included in making their pumpkin their very own masterpiece! This picture is an oldie but one of my favorites of my daughter painting her pumpkin. The options are endless and you can use any type of paint you want to! You could even glue on things or use stickers. An added bonus to this method is that your pumpkins will last longer.

#3: Spooky Expanding Ghost




This is something I had been wanting to try for a while now, and I am so glad we did! I couldn't pick one picture because I just love seeing his facial expressions change throughout the process. Both of my kids loved it. Super easy, and easy to clean up. This literally took us 10 minutes to set up and do! I got the idea on Pinterest, here. You can check it out for the full tutorial! All you need is an empty water bottle, baking soda, a balloon, vinegar, and a small funnel! Most people can find this in their kitchen already.

#4: Pumpkin Hammering


Pumpkin hammering is an activity my kids both did at their cooperative preschool. It is so simple but toddlers love it. I found this tutorial on Pinterest, I couldn't find any old pictures of my kids doing it so I used this one! All you need for this one is a pumpkin, (preferably one that has been around for a bit), a toy hammer or kids wooden mallet, and golf tees. You can get some of the tees started for them to show them how it works, or just lay out all the supplies and see what they come up with. This is a great open ended learning opportunity for kids and it is also an awesome tool for fine motor skill development. 

#5: Halloween Glow in the Dark Slime




What kid doesn't love slime? I already posted about this in my "Friday Faves" last week, (you can find the link to the full tutorial there), but it is so simple and the glow in the dark glue makes it great for Halloween! 3 ingredients, and the kids are entertained for hours! It can be stored in any airtight container or baggie and used again and again. TIP: The more contact solution you add, the less sticky, icky it is. 

#6: Simply Spending Time Together


It is easy to get caught up trying to do it all. Sure, all these activities and the thousands of others on 
pinterest are great, but a fool proof way to make your kiddos day is to simply take the time to hang out with them. 
Hope you all have a fabulous day and I would love to see how some of your projects turn out, if you do any. Do you have any easy and fun Halloween inspired activities? I am always looking for new ideas! Comment below!

-Kaci








No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright